Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Kumari Smart Mobile Banking? What services are available?
Kumari Smart Mobile Banking uses your mobile phone to conduct certain banking functions by sending SMS. It allows you to do the banking transaction, directly from your mobile phone 24x7. You can perform following service via Kumari Smart Mobile Banking:
- Transfer funds within and outside member Bank's account.
- Mobile Topup.
- Landline/ ADSL Bill Payment
- NEA Bill Payments.
- Buy Airline Tickets
- Other payment services.
If you are a Kumari Bank Limited customer with at least one account, you are eligible for this service. Both Saving and current account can be used for the service.
3. How will Smart Mobile Banking benefit me?
Kumari Smart Mobile Banking allows you to keep track of your banking transactions; perform transactions from anywhere and at any time at the touch of your fingers, it saves your time and other cost.
4. How do I enroll for this service?
After being Kumari Bank Limited account holder, you can fill up Kumari Smart Mobile Banking form in same branch of Kumari Bank Limited.
5. How is it safe?
Kumari Smart Mobile Banking is completely safe. Our application protects transactions with multi-layer security protocol involving authentication, data masking and encryption. All of the transactions require PIN or Fingerprint verification, and the PIN is confidential and is known only to the customers.
6. Can I transfer fund from my account to another customer's account?
Yes, you can directly send money to another customer's account.
7. Do I need to predefine bank account?
No need to predefine. You can send fund to any account of Kumari Bank Limited.
8. Can I transfer fund from my account to another bank’s customer account?
Yes, you can send money to another bank’s customer account through the IBFT (Inter Bank Fund Transfer) feature.
9. How do I know when the transfer has been performed?
If any transaction has been performed, receiver and sender both will receive SMS notification for confirmation.
10. What happens if I lose my mobile phone or Stolen? Can someone take money out of my account via Kumari Smart Mobile Banking if mobile lost/stolen?
Please immediately contact to Kumari Smart Mobile Banking Department for assistance or Please call us immediately at +977-01-4445501.
If the person who found your mobile doesn’t know your PIN they won’t be able to take out your money. But if they know your PIN they can misuse it.
11. Which mobile network carrier does it work with?
It works with NTC and Ncell GSM network only.
12. What happens if I do not get a response SMS after initiating a transaction?
If you don't receive any response from Kumari Smart Mobile Banking service within 30 seconds please contact to Kumari Digital Banking Department for confirmation. You can directly contact us at +977-01-4445501.
13. What happen if the telecom provider’s network is down?
If you are using Kumari Smart Mobile Banking service through SMS channel then the service relies on a SMS message. If the telecom provider network is down, the service will not function. Else if you are using Kumari Smart Mobile Banking service through data connectivity, then the telecom provider’s network won’t hamper your access.
14. Can I conduct transaction through this service if I am outside of the country?
Yes, this service can be conducted from outside the country through data connectivity.
15. Do I have to maintain Balance in my account?
Yes, to perform any transaction, you need to have sufficient balance.
16. How many times can I change my PIN? Should I change the PIN? If I forget Pin, What do I do?
No limitation to change pin. System generated pin is difficult to remember and it is better and safety for you, if you changed pin. Please visit nearest branches and fill up the pin re-generate form to receive new pin.
17. What is the length of Password/PIN? Does the Password/PIN have to be alphabetic or numeric? Does the Password/PIN auto expire?
The login Password will be of minimum 8 characters and have to be alphanumeric. Pin length will be 4 numerical only. Alphabetic pin will not be supported by system. Password/PIN will not be auto expire.
18. Can I use my fingerprint as Password/PIN?
Yes, you can use your Fingerprint as Password/PIN. For that first set your Fingerprint access in mobile phone. After that login to Kumari Smart Mobile Banking App, go to Settings and Setup login Fingerprint for Password and setup Transaction Fingerprint for PIN.
19. Do I need to pay any charges for this service?
No you don’t have to pay any extra charges to perform transaction except Inter Bank Fund Transfer service, but annual fee will be charged as per packages.
20. Do I need to pay SMS cost for transaction?
Yes, regular SMS cost will be deducted from talk time balance.
21. What if I send the money to a wrong recipient?
We advise that you pay utmost care when typing in the recipient’s mobile phone number. In an unlikely event that you send money to an unintended recipient, please call us immediately at 977-01-4445501. However the transaction cannot be reversed once the funds have already been withdrawn.
22. Is Kumari mobile application available?
Yes, Kumari Smart Mobile Banking Application is available to Android and iPhone users only. You can download it from our website or Google Play Store (Android users) and App Store (iPhone users).
23. Shall I register if my number is not owned by me in NTC/Ncell office?
Yes, you can register. Bank can not verify the ownership of the number. Customer will be liable if any unauthorized transactions on their account. So use your own number for the service.
24. What happen if I change my mobile number?
In case you changed your mobile number, kindly contact to your nearest branch of Kumari Bank Limited.
25. What happens if recipient's mobile is switch off or out of network?
Transaction will be successful even recipient's mobile is switched off or is out of network but recipient will receive notification after network coverage or when mobile is switched on.
26. How do I unsubscribe the Kumari Smart Mobile Banking Service? How do I re-subscribe?
Please visit your nearest Kumari Bank Limited branch.